Friday, November 20, 2015

Receiving My Call to Serve


It probably took me longer than anyone else in the history of missionary service to decide that I was going on a mission. I had never been one of those girls that couldn’t wait to be 19, so that I could serve a mission. I had been planning my future since before I can remember and a mission just wasn’t in the cards or so I thought! After I graduated I moved to Logan, Utah and attended Utah State University. I loved living in Logan, attending classes and institute and working; I couldn’t have asked for anything more! Eventually it became evident that “because I have been given much I too must give”. And although I was a little resistant to the idea at first, it didn’t take long before I experienced a change of heart and the only thing that I wanted to do was serve a mission. Finally, after a few minor setbacks my papers were submitted and I received my mission call on September 8, 2015 to the Italy Rome Mission. When I turned my call over and began to read I saw my mission assignment out of the corner of my eye. I immediately began to do this laugh/cry thing. I just didn’t know how to express what I was feeling. All I had prayed for was that I would have the opportunity to learn another language and that when I opened my call I would have a reassurance that I had been divinely called to serve in that place and that I would love the people there. I feel so blessed (and spoiled to be honest!) I am so grateful and excited and couldn’t be happier to be serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  

No comments:

Post a Comment