Monday, April 4, 2016

From General Conference to the beach

This is how we general conference. A super sweet family in the ward, the Durango's (Blake, I forgot to tell you about them in my email! They lived in Calgary for like 13 years, so you might have known them on your mission!) they brought us pranzo because we were spending all day at the church showing the conference sessions. While everyone else watched conference on the projector screen in the chapel, we watched on an old school dell computer in the office, so that we could see conference in English! Two of my favorite quotes from this weekend were, "Love is making room in your heart for someone else" and "Always choose the harder right over the easier wrong." Right now I feel very much like these two quotes were said especially for me.



Clara, who we affectionately nicknamed "La Nostra Mama Columbiana" let us help her make the ambrosia chocolate drink this week! 



Clara's brother, Jaime and her sister Lucia, own a "fruit and random foods from other countries" shop. We needed oats, so we stopped by! Jaime would ask me how to say a bunch of different things in English and then he would repeat them and then he would say to me, "okay repeat me" and he would say the word again and then he wanted me to say it like he did. Then he would laugh and laugh and say "I'm teaching you South American!" They are originally from Columbia (South America), but to everyone outside of the USA English is spoken in England and American is spoken in America hence the "South American". 



We went to the beach today for people-day! 73 degrees with only a little bit of wind... And we even managed to find a clean beach (clean as in sanitary...) the other bright side (okay so maybe not bright side) but there was only one very large and very nude butt on the beach today!



Typical "missionaries went to the beach today photo". I'm not even kidding when we stepped onto the beach and I looked down the beach I felt like I had stepped onto Amelia Island. It's basically perfect here. 



Also, Michael Jackson isn't dead. He's in Italy. 

Okay so a story from the week... We went to visit one of our neighbors (Tina) because we had been running into her a lot lately and she asked us to stop by one day if we had some time just to visit. So we planned a time to go over and she was asking about our families just like everybody here does and she wanted to see pictures. So I showed her our family picture and she says, "Wow you have such a beautiful family! Your parents are so young!" This is almost word for word what I get every time I show someone picture of my family, but Tina took it a step further and asked if my dad was an actor. When I told her no, she was pretty sure that I was lying to her and insisted that he was an actor and I just wasn't telling her.   

I love you! Hope everyone is doing well! Good luck with baseball, school, dance, and whatever else all of you are doing! 
Love, Sorella Hatfield 

No comments:

Post a Comment