Tuesday, April 19, 2016

4 months

Ah I'm four months down on this thing and we get transfer calls on
Saturday! Our guess is that Sorella McKenzie is going to say ciao and
I'll stay here and train the city! Praying for an Italian companion!
Haha And then next Friday, will be the end of the first fourth of my
mission... I can't even believe it!

This week had so many tender mercies! Beginning with a scambio in Rome where Sorella Ensign and I got to be companions again for a day! Sorella Hunter was even at the apartment with us! 



I ate my first passion fruit this week! It might look like one of those slimy bugs that Pumba and Timone eat on the lion king, but it was actually really good! 



And there's nothing like sister missionary selfies with a name tag and LDM. Also, my freckles are getting significantly darker. Mom, help me! 



We learned a lot of interesting things about our members this week! And I was rolling with laughter. Barbara, the one across the table from me asked us, "Do you like black music?" We both sat there for a second like, "what is black music?!" Seeing we were obviously confused she says, "You know, like m&m and Michael Jackson?! When I was younger, but after all four of my kids were born I took a hip hop class and then I would come home and I would teach my kids what I had learned and we would dance and listen to 'black music'!" All of my ideas about parenting have been shattered... Apparently there's a better way to parent and Barbara has figured it out. Oh then she said to us, "If I sing the words to the song and they are bad but I don't know what they mean is it still bad?" ...yes haha 

That's all I have for today! I love and miss you all and am sooooo grateful for your prayers, letters, thoughts, and love! Also, shoutout to LANDON who has a birthday on Thursday! Happy birthday little dude! I love you! 
Love, Sorella Hatfield 

No comments:

Post a Comment